Territory Sales Representative
Job Posted: March 25, 2022
Location: Remote - United States
York Ag is a dynamic supplier of holistic ingredient solutions that optimize animal well-being. With more than 30 years of continuous growth and headquartered in York, Pennsylvania, York Ag commercializes its proprietary products YORK CALCIUM CHIPS®, BOVAZYME®, and BOVAZYME® Organic, and carries a wholesome portfolio of national and international brands from diverse feed ingredient manufacturers.
Our purpose is to bring innovative, dependable, and effective ingredient solutions to help feed manufacturers, livestock consultants, and animal producers achieve desired performance and profitability in an increasingly transparent marketplace.
We seek to enrich the lives of animals, producers, and consumers because we believe that Everyone Deserves a Nutritious Meal™.
We are currently looking for a Territory Sales Representative to join our dynamic, growing company.
This remote position will work closely with the President and CEO to support our commercial poultry and ruminant sectors as well as enhancing product, species, and geographic diversification. The selected candidate should have previous sales experience in Agriculture, Agribusiness, and/or Animal Nutrition Industries.
This candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking attitude as we continue to establish York Ag as the leading supplier of holistic ingredient solutions that optimize animal well-being.
The successful candidate will be tenacious, curious, and relentless in providing researched products that help improve gut health, enhance animal well-being and general performance. This role will provide value-added technical sales for our exploding customer base and deliver consistent growth results to our trusted suppliers.
We work in a hybrid office setting where all team members interact with one another in various virtual and in-person functions. As a team, we strive to create a level of dependability, accountability, and collaboration that allows us to meet and exceed our goals as an organization. Team members are valued contributors to the goal of exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver holistic ingredient solutions that optimize animal well-being for the commercial livestock and poultry sectors.
- Depending on candidate’s species expertise, efforts will capitalize on current customer needs and appropriate targeted sectors and geographies.
- Understand and sell science-based, value-added, functional products to feed mills, blenders, key influencers, nutritionists, commercial livestock producers, and poultry production companies.
- Implement and achieve quarterly and yearly sales plan.
- Full utilization of established CRM system in developing sales targets, tracking progress, and close sales.
- The position will be 80% new business development and 20% account management.
- Assess and understand customers’ needs to develop tailored solutions in coordination with tech support, and increase product usage and diversification.
- Focus will be on the functional value-added products which are 30% of the total sales of the business.
- Responsible for developing a Strategic Sales Plan in conjunction with Sales and Marketing and the Director of Business Development.
- Travel may exceed 50% at certain times of the year within the U.S.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred - Agribusiness, Animal Science, or Agriculture
- Minimum 5 years of business development and/or sales into the Agriculture, Agribusiness, and/or Animal Nutrition Industries.
- Proven track record of selling science-based, value-added, functional feed ingredients for poultry, ruminants, and/or other species.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, generate viable leads, nurture customers, and close sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent organization and efficiency
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and proposals
- Self-motivated, curious, with entrepreneurial spirit
- Data entry, problem-solving and analytical skills, and firm understanding of basic business software programs and MS Office Suite (particularly Excel).
- Familiarity with Sandler Training System preferred.