Hilyses helps protect and improve flock health and productivity
Hilyses®, the Bionic Prebiotic, helps poultry flocks thrive in the face of daily challenges from disease-causing, productivity-zapping bacteria. These bugs live in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and the environment and compromise health, immunity, and performance.
Hilyses is a hydrolyzed yeast extracted from the sugarcane process. It provides abundant minerals, free nucleotides, mannan oligosaccharides (MOS), and beta-glucans.
Our team at York Ag is ready to collaborate with you, contact us for further information about Hilyses.
HILYSES BENEFITS FOR POULTRY
- Hilyses components feed beneficial bacteria to maximize bird health and performance.
- MOS helps bind disease-causing bacteria, while beta-glucans help activate the immune system.
- Free nucleotides help promote cell division and immunity.
HILYSES - POULTRY RESEARCH SUMMARY
I. BROILER BREEDER RESEARCH RESULTS
Research Shows Hilyses Key Benefits in Broiler Breeders and Their Chicks
Research conducted by the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and the University of Georgia, USA.
- Average of 4 to 8 more live chicks per hen (6% to 13% increase) with higher chick weight1
- Improved egg fertility, incubated egg hatchability, and fertile egg hatchability
- Decreased total embryonic mortality
- Improved egg size and weight — after 50 weeks of age, egg weight increase consistently measured 0.5 to 1.0 grams4
- Increased egg production – 60.2% for Hilyses-supplemented birds vs. 58.5% for controls4
- Increased body weight gain (BWG) in non-supplemented chicks by an average of 4.4%1,2
- Improved feed conversion ratio (FCR) in non-supplemented chicks by an average of 9.5%1,2
II. COMMERCIAL BROILER RESEARCH RESULTS
Studies Show Hilyses Supplementation in Broiler Diets Improves Intestinal Integrity and Bird Performance
Research conducted by the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, the University of Georgia, USA, and the Southern Poultry Research, Inc., Athens, GA, USA.
- Increased body weight gain (BWG) up to 8.1% vs. untreated controls, depending on age and supplementation level5-7
- Improved feed conversion ratio (FCR) up to 9.7% vs. untreated controls, depending on age and supplementation level5-7
- Increased breast yield (percentage of live weight) to 24.19% vs. 23.22% for untreated controls7
- Decreased abdominal fat percentages6
- Enhanced gut health by significantly increasing height and width of villi in the duodenum6
- Supports antibiotic-free production – significantly improved broiler BWG and FCR with or without antibiotic growth promoter (AGP)7
III. LAYING HEN RESEARCH RESULTS
Studies Show Hilyses Supplementation in Laying Hen Diets Increases Productive Performance and Egg Quality
Research conducted by Professor Lucio F. Araujo, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
1. Improved internal egg quality and breaking strength vs. untreated controls8
- Increased albumen height by 6.35% at 2 kg/MT and 5.58% at 4 kg/MT levels of Hilyses supplementation
- Improved Haugh unit by 3.3% at 2 kg/MT
- Enhanced breaking strength by 6.77% (at 1 kg/MT) and 5.85% (at 4 kg/MT)
2. Improved production vs. controls at Hilyses supplementation levels of 2 kg/MT and 4kg/MT respectively:8
- Increased feed intake by 3.34 % and 3.12%
- Increased egg production by 11.9% and 11.5%
- Increased egg mass by 14.1% and 14.2%
- Decreased feed per dozen eggs (FCZ) by 7.43% at both levels
- Decreased feed conversion per egg mass (FCM) by 10.4% at both levels
3. Abundant free nucleotides, MOS, and beta-glucans provided by Hilyses supplementation during production period and climate challenge may have enhanced cell division and boosted hens’ immunity
4. Supports antibiotic-free production and can help meet Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) requirements
- Bonato MA, Araujo LF, Barbalho RLC. Uso de levedura hidrolisada (fonte de nucleotideos) na dieta de matrizes pesadas e seu efeito na progenie. In: 28a Reuniao Annual do CBNA, 2013, Campinas, SP, Brasil, Anais.
- Bonato MA, Araujo LF, Santos GD, et al. Nucleotide supplementation in diet of broiler breeders and their effect on hatchability and subsequent progeny performance. In: Proceedings from the International Poultry Scientific Forum; Atlanta, GA; 2014:40.
- Bonato MA. Barbalho RLC, Albuquerque R, et al. Response of broiler breeders and their progeny to dietary nucleotide supplementation. In: Proceedings of the Poultry Science Association Annual Meeting; Corpus Christi, TX; 2014b;93:78.
- Study authored by J. Wilson, Professor, Poultry Science, University of Georgia, Athens, U.S. 2016.
- Bonato MA, Schliefer J, Santos GD, Lumpkins BS, Mathis GF. Performance of broilers fed diets supplemented with yeast mannan oligosaccharide and/or nucleotides from different sources. In: Proceedings from the 2016 International Poultry Scientific Forum, Atlanta, GA.
- Barbalho RLC. Suplementacao de levedura hidrolisada (Hilyses®) nas deitas de frangos de corte. Dissertacao. Universidade de Sao Paulo, Faculdade de Zootecnia e Engenharia de Alimentos; 2009:68.
- Bonato MA, Araujo LF, Barbalho RLC, et al. Effects on performance of lysine levels and nucleotide source combined with yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) cell wall supplementation in broiler diets. In: Proceedings from the 2015 International Poultry Scientific Forum; Atlanta, GA:62.
- Data on file at ICC.
York Ag is an authorized U.S. distributor of Hilyses®, The Bionic Prebiotic. Let us share our ingredients portfolio for your feed manufacturing and livestock operation.
York Ag's supplier, ICC Brazil, is the manufacturer of Hilyses®. ICC is a global leader in yeast-based products for animal nutrition. Founded in 1992, ICC has more than two decades of experience delivering proven, innovative animal health solutions to more than 50 countries around the world.