Specialized Bagging & Packaging Services
Bulk Re-Packaging and Bagging
York Ag Products Inc. has access to several strategically located toll milling facilities in the region. Having the ability to re-package bulk ingredients to super sacks or 50 pound bags has provided unique opportunities for their customers and distributors. Whether your desire is to utilize existing packaging or to differentiate single ingredients or blends in the marketplace, York Ag Products can help you deliver solutions to customers. If we can’t re-package it, we will find someone who can. Allow us to introduce you to our network of solution providers.
Private Label Advantage
You have invested in your brand and image associated with your brand. Our Private Label Advantage allows our customers to strengthen the relationship with their vendors and distributors by expanding visibility with a recognized brand and message. Through our network of toll milling facilities and manufacturers we can assist you in enhancing your brand exposure to your customers through label and packaging design and procurement. In a competitive global marketplace there is no brand like your own!
Whether using dry or water soluble silage inoculants, independent studies have confirmed the benefits of using inoculants to protect and preserve your forages for maximum yield and feeding value. Even distribution is critical to assure maximum benefits whether using the dry granule or water soluble pouches. Talk to your sales consultant as to what product will best fit your operation’s needs and equipment capability.
SI2010 Dry Silage Inoculant
- SI2010 dry has been proven to speed silage fermentation with faster lactic acid production while lowering the pH of the forage quicker than other leading brands.
- Fast acting bacteria that will produce lactic acid quickly for proper fermentation.
- Properly fermented forage results in improved feeding value for better animal performance.
- 50 lb. bag treats 100 tons: significantly lower cost/ton as compared to SI2000 dry.
- Includes the following bacteria: Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus acidilactici, Pediococcus pentosaceus, and Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis
SI2010WS Silage Inoculant (Big Chopper—100 Tons) (Little Chopper)
- SI2010WS has 2 times more bacteria than SI2002WS to produce lactic acid even faster under a wider range of temperature and pH conditions.
- Fast lactic acid producing bacteria aid in tough situations, like fermenting pure alfalfa forage in bunker silo applications.
- One pouch (100 grams) treats 100 tons of forage: slightly lower cost/ton vs. SI2002WS.
- Includes the following bacteria: Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus acidilactici, Pediococcus pentosaceus plus Lactobacillus brevis for increased acetic acid production
SI2000BC Silage Inoculant (Big Chopper—250 Tons)
- A concentrated lactic acid producing silage inoculant for large volume applications with large harvesting equipment.
- One pouch (250 grams) treats 250 tons of forage.
- Includes the following bacteria: Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus acidilactici, Pediococcus pentosaceus plus Lactobacillus brevis, for increased acetic acid production
Prop Plus Dry of WS Silage Inoculant
This product was developed as a response to the numerous requests for the Lactobacillus buchneri. The Lactobacillus buchneri is known to inhibit yeast growth, reduce harmful mold populations and reduces the pH to the ideal range. However, it tended to lose Dry Matter (DM) in the early stages of fermentation. The Prop Plus was designed to inhibit yeast growth, reduce harmful molds, reduces the pH and reduces the losses of DM often associated with Lactobacillus buchneri products. It increases the production of propionic acid and therefore extends the bunk life of the forage.
- Plus is a superior product to be used on High Moisture Corn (HMC), haylage and corn silage.
- Prop Plus DRY and Prop Plus WS contain bacteria that produce propionic acid to keep your crop fresh through the fermentation process.
- Propionic Acid retards yeasts and molds that can cause spoilage and promotes lactic acid production for thorough fermentation and keeps the pH low to keep nutritional levels at their optimum.
- Prop Plus provides improved feed value and Extended Bunk Life through feed out.
- 50 lb. bag DRY or 1 WS pouch (100 grams) treats 100 tons of forage.
- Includes the following bacteria: Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus acidilactici, Propionibacterium sp.
What Do These Bacteria Do?
Enterococcus faecium – is one of the bacteria that begins working at the start of the fermentation process. Enterococcus faecium is often known as the “Silage Starter”. Enterococcus faecium’s optimum temperature range is 50ºF to 113ºF, but does grow outside that temperature range as well. Enterococcus faecium works in a wide pH range, from 3.6 to 7.0. Enterococcus faecium is also a good “lactic acid” producing organism.
Lactobacillus brevis – is a good producer of “both acetic and lactic acid”. Acetic acid is the first acid produced in the fermentation process and helps to drop the initial pH below 5. Lactobacillus brevis has an optimum temperature of 86ºF, but does grow outside that temperature range as well. Lactobacillus brevis works in a pH range, from 4.0 to 6.0.
Lactobacillus lactis ssp. lactis – is a unique strain of bacteria that helps to suppress the growth of Clostridia in forage as well as reducing the growth of yeast and mold spores.
Lactobacillus plantarum - is often known as the “Work Horse” of the fermentation process because it produces a lot of “lactic acid” over a wide temperature and pH range. Lactobacillus plantarum’s optimum temperature range is 59ºF to 113ºF, but does grow outside that temperature range as well. Lactobacillus plantarum works in a pH range, from 3.6 to 7.0. Lactobacillus plantarum “Completes the silage fermentation process”.
Pediococcus acidilactici – is one of the bacteria that begins working at the start of the fermentation process. Pediococcus acidilactici also efficiently produces lactic acid at a “low moisture” level (45%). Pediococcus acidlactici’s also has a “higher” optimum temperature range of 80ºF to 125ºF, but does grow outside that temperature range as well. Pediococcus acidilactici works in a wide pH range, from 4.0 to 7.0.
Pediococcus pentosaceus – is also one of the bacteria that begins working at the start of the fermentation process. Pediococcus pentosaceus also efficiently produces lactic acid at a “low moisture” level (45%). Pediococcus pentosaceus also has a “lower” optimum temperature range of 50ºF to 90ºF, but does grow outside that temperature range as well. Pediococcus pentosaceus works in a wide pH range, from 4.3 to 7.3
Propionibacterium – produces large amounts of “propionic acid” to help reduce the growth of yeast and mold spores and stabilize the forage. Propionibacterium’s optimum temperature range is 50ºF to 90ºF, but does grow outside that temperature range as well. Propionibacterium’s optimum pH range is from 4.5 to 4.9, but does grow outside that pH range as well.
Contact us to discuss with us our Inventory Control Program and our Private Label Advantage System.
We can ship directly to your customer and provide custom labels with your logo to help establish YOUR brand with YOUR customer.